Friday, December 7, 2012

"Drachar's Demons" - a dark fantasy from the author of the Prophesy of the Kings trilogy. $0.99 today!

From the author of the Prophesy of the Kings trilogy comes this compelling fantasy. Download it for $0.99 today!

"The origin of the evil Drachar is detailed in this sometimes chilling fantasy tale that describes the Eldric as they discover the powers and uses of the previously shunned demons. An imaginative and action-packed fantasy that provides a background for the events that end the halcyon days of the Eldric. The insidious descent into evil dictated by one man's search for power and the defense mounted by those who support goodness is presented in this entertaining tale which features wonderfully intriguing beings such as the flying grakyn and the evil krell. A great introduction to the series." -- Elf2060, Amazon reviewer

"Another interesting book from Mr. Burrows, lots of plot-line and action, the book grabs one and pulls the reader back into this familiar world. The author does a good job of giving the bad guy a voice, and while you don't like him, he definitely holds your attention. Solid main characters have you rooting for the good guys, but fascinated with the bad guy!" -- Kendra H., Amazon reviewer

Drachar's Demons, by David Burrows

Drachar, banished by his own people, forges an unholy alliance with the demons by offering them ten thousand souls, but the demons demand one hundred thousand and without quibbling Drachar accepts. Only all out war will deliver so many souls and the old enemy Trosgarth is his only potential ally, but he must cross the land to confront their king and persuade him to his cause. Drachar has the power of the demon world at his command, but madness threatens when the demons plague his dreams, demanding souls.

His people, the Eldric, realise that they must learn to combat the growing threat by summoning demons themselves to exploit any weakness they may find. However, it is an exceptionally brave man that confronts a demon let alone tries to kill one. Their scales are impervious to blades and any mistake results in the demon claiming another soul for eternal damnation.

The race is on for war threatens; a war like no other for sorcerer will battle sorcerer and demon set against demon.

Get this KB Spotlight book!


Online Sample


Get this KB Spotlight book!


Meet the Author

I grew up in the Fylde, Lancashire but now live in Kent in the UK with my lovely wife and two great sons. My books have won a Gold Award on one Website and featured as Book of the Month on another, so my author pedigree is certainly growing.

 I think my fantasy writing has benefited from real life experiences: hours slogging up and down mountains as well as fighting in shield walls as a Saxon warrior. I can tell you that the fighting feels real and although not maimed or killed, I have cracked fingers and ribs on several occasions. I also have a great assortment of helmets, mail, swords and shields.

 My books include Drachar's Demons and a trilogy The Prophecy of the Kings, comprising Legacy of the Eldric, Dragon Rider and Shadow of the Demon - sample chapters and reviews can be found on my website http://davidburrows.org.uk/.

 Motivated by LOTR I put pen to paper, determined to create a story with bold characters and an intriguing plot. The book's initial scene was a betrayal set deep in the heart of a mountain. Encouraged by my friends, I started writing The Prophecy of the Kings in the months during my wife's pregnancy with the first of my two terrific sons. As with most aspiring authors, writing is part time, with the plots progressing in the evenings and holidays.

At times my tales seemed to naturally take the characters into extreme peril, and for months I was left wondering as to their fate. Refusing to rewrite the tale to rescue them I patiently waited before inspiration struck and the story continued at a fast pace to the next cliff-hanger. Suffice to say my sons have now grown up and, as the quill dries, are of an age to read and appreciate this work. As to the characters in my tale, they too have grown older and wiser; as to whether they survived the tale, only reading the novel will tell.

More from this Author


2 comments:

  1. My wife just smugly commented that I'd misspelled Prophesy. That's the US spelling of course. I'm using UK English and that results in Prophecy. I'm not sure that I could edit the entire book in US spelling. I know quite a few US spelling differences and that sometimes catches me out in writing UK English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not up at 1pm. It's 1135 in the UK. Off to London soon to enjoy the lights in Regent St.

    ReplyDelete