Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Profile: Damien Nash, author of Firestone

My name is Damien and I live in Kent and I work at my local hospital in the blood transfusion laboratory. Whilst a lot of the work is routine, we do have to handle traumas that come in from time to time. This could be anything from a car crash to a post partum haemorrhage. It is very rewarding work sometimes, knowing that you have helped save someone's life today. You can help- donate blood when you get the chance. Every donation really does make a difference!

Anyway, enough about work!

My first novel, Firestone, is available now. It is a YA fantasy adventure, with dragons. I originally wrote it in 2003, but about a week or so after I finished it I heard about a new book just coming out called Eragon. Considering my book also deals with a young boy and a female dragon, I put the manuscript CD away in a drawer and forgot about it for nearly a decade. Remember this was back in the days before ebooks and I considered myself beaten before I had even thought about sending it to publishers.

Roll on 2012 with self-publishing and I came across the CD. I re-read it (it's amazing the perspective you get when reading something you wrote many years ago- like finding an old school essay in the attic). I liked it and saw some potential in it. So I polished it and chopped a couple of thousand words from it and put it out for the world to see.

I am now putting the finishing touches to the sequel, which is coming along nicely. It will be called Uprising and I am having a lot of fun with it. It will be released upon the world on Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment