Today's Free App of the Day is Golden Eggs
Originally $0.99
This is a physics kind of game. Some compared it to Cut the Rope. Another compared it to Tumble Eggs which I haven't seen. The graphics look nice so I downloaded it to test out for myself. It's got a 2.3 rating, with only five reviews out of 21 four stars and above; on the other hand 5 of the 8 one-star reviews are for it crashing on Nexus devices. I'd give it a four so far--I've only played a couple of levels and I'm stuck on level five--darn beach ball! The game play is okay and the graphics are mostly good. (A couple of menu screens look like they weren't optimized for the larger 8.9 screen.)
Because of the overall low ratings, we have a bonus pick.... :D
Our bonus pick today is iTranslate (I don't think I've used this one before):
As the name implies, this was first offered for iDevices and is a favorite app for people who have iThings. I have it on my iPad. It is a great translation tool and has 50 languages. Extremely well reviewed with a 4.7 average for 648 reviews overall.
These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with the Fire 4G. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page. Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.
Have fun!


Tried downloading Golden Eggs earlier today. Although it seemed to load, I never could find it. Tried this several times. Now it's after midnight and no longer a free game. Not good.
ReplyDeleteMaddy, if you downloaded it, you should be okay. Often I have to press "Sync" on my Kindle Fire before a recently-purchased app will show up. Try that and let us know if that helps or not.
Delete