Monday, December 17, 2012

Author profile: Lisa Scott, romance novelist

In today's author profile, meet Lisa Scott, writer of romance novels and the "Flirts!" collections.

I never meant to become a short story writer. I had two novels out on submission when I decided to try self-publishing. Not knowing the status of those books, I wasn’t sure which project to work on next, so I decided to create a collection of romantic shorts. I’d written dozens for several magazines a few years back and thought I’d write a few new ones and bundle them together. And the Flirts! Collections were born.

 Each collection features five sweet, funny, romantic short stories that stand alone, but also connect through the setting and characters. I’ve got six collections out so far: Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories, Beach Flirts!, Holiday Flirts!, Fairy Tale Flirts!, Wedding Flirts!, and More Flirts!

I’ve heard from readers who love squeezing in a full story during their lunch break or kids’ soccer practice. Readers who never thought they’d like a short story e-mail me to tell me they love them.

What happened to those two novels? Belle Books bought my first romance novel, No Foolin’, for publication in November 2012. HarperCollins will be publishing the other novel, School of Charm, for middle grade readers in 2014. In the meantime, I’ll be indie-publishing more Flirts! Collections. Find out about new releases at readlisascott.com. Happy reading!

Lisa Scott is a former TV news anchor who now enjoys making up stories instead of sticking to the facts. She also works as a voice actor in upstate New York. 

No comments:

Post a Comment