Friday, September 14, 2012

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day: Tetris

Today's Free App of the Day is Tetris
Originally $2.99



138 reviews, 78 of them four star and above.

This is the classic Tetris by Electronic Arts!  If you aren't familiar with Tetris, falling blocks of different sizes fall and you must place them to fit as efficiently as possible; if your blocks stack up and touch the top, you lose! Tetris Trivia: Did you know the blocks are called tetriminos? ;-)  There is the classic Marathon Mode and also a "Magic Mode" with new features.

Some one-star reviews complain that it must have Internet connection to play and that the controls aren't great.  I confess I haven't played it on my Fire and can't test just now.  I'll update this post when I have tried it.  UPDATE:  In the version I downloaded, no Internet connection was required and I had no problem with the controls.  There's a tutorial explaining how the controls worked; I found them pretty intuitive.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment