Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kindle Daily Deal: All God's Creatures (70% off)

Today's KDD:  All God's Creatures by Carolyn McSparren
Reduced 70% from yesterday's price of $6.59 to $1.99

Product Description:
Often compared to James Herriot's novels, All God's Creatures follows the life of a woman veterinarian in modern Tennessee. From her unlikely start as a white-glove debutante in the 1960's to a sexism-defying launch in vet school, the heroine spins rich tales of the animals and people in her life.

Amazon Reviewer Sharon says:
I didn't realize at first this was not an actual memoir, but I did find it very readable and enjoyable. I'm an animal person, grew up on a ranch with livestock and pets and do enjoy this kind of a read.  

My criteria for this specific type of book is, of course, the Herriot books, which are certainly difficult to compete with. I found this book very accurate and knowledgeable about the veterinary work. The specific stories were particularly entertaining for me and I would have liked more of them.

Text-to-speech and X-Ray enabled. Kindle Owner's Lending Library (Prime).  385 pages.  57 reviews, 52 of them four stars and above, average 4.6 out of five stars.

For more Kindle Daily Deals, including a Kid's Daily Deal, go here.   The Kindle Daily Deal is discussed daily on KindleBoards here.

No comments:

Post a Comment