Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kindle Fire App of the Day: HandyMate Pro & Bonus Pick

Amazon was late posting today's Free Fire App of the Day, which made me even later, sorry!  It is HandyMate Pro, normally $4.99


HandyMate PRO. . . . . .assistance with various calculations for a variety of home improvement type stuff:

    Wall Estimators for brick, tile, panel, wallpaper, weather board, paint, render.
    Floor Estimators for tiles, board/deck, carpet, paint
    Ceiling Estimators for panel, paint, plaster
    Roof Estimators for tiles, sheets, painting
    Ramp Estimators for tiles, timber boards, carpet, paint
    Ramp calculator
    Concrete calculator
    Stair calculator
    Spacing (Baluster) calculator
    Unit Convertor for Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature units
    Scale calculator
    Paper calculator
    Linear Calculators for triangle, arch and ellipse
    Area Calculators for triangle, parallelogram, trapezium, circle, ellipse, sector
    volume Calculators for cylindrical, cuboids

KindleBoards member Ann in Arlington says: "...my husband would probably say if you really need this you've got no business trying to do whatever it is you're trying to do on your own." ;-)

I've played with it a bit as I'm doing kitchen remodeling and thought it would come in handy.  My main complaint is that the default unit of measurement is metric and one can't change the default or make a system wide change, that I could determine.  So, every time I want to calculate something, I have to tell it to use inches....

While we were waiting for Amazon to go live with their Free App of the Day this morning, KB member BTackitt found this one:
3.5 stars over 172 ratings. It's a Wheel of Fortune clone, not affiliated with the TV show at all. You can play against other people or against yourself.  Graphics are rudimentary but sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment