Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day: Big Brain Quiz Gold & Bonus App

Today's Free App of the Day is Big Brain Quiz Gold
Originally $5.99


27 customer reviews, two star average.  Most of the one star reviews have to do with Open Feint and permissions.

From the product description:
Do you want to know more?  Welcome to Big Brain Quiz!

Where is the deepest lake?
Which animals hibernate in winter?
Who is the director of “Forest Gump”?
Stollen, the sweet bread with dried fruits and nuts, covered with icing sugar, originated in which country?

Find the answers to these and lot more questions from almost every field of knowledge.
Improve your brain power in a race against time with more than 2500 questions from different categories.  Test your skills and compete against players from around the world via the newly implemented Open Feint.  Enjoy learning with the best looking quiz ever with smooth animations, pleasing sounds and intuitive interface.

And so we have today's KBAAD, Jewels Legend:



Currently 3rd in the Free App Store, 33 reviews, 31 of them four stars and above.

Product description:
A classic hexagon Match-3 game launch on Android Market.
Your mission is to win the Jewels Star. Pass the levels and try to get all stars in each level.

Have fun!
Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

4 comments:

  1. I've just never understood the uproar over "permissions."

    I'm not saying it's wrong to be upset about that, I just don't get it.

    Can someone explain what that means and what they think these game companies want to get out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most permissions are pretty benign, and are there to make the app a better experience for the user.

    However, some permissions can make one suspect the app-maker of doing some kind of data-mining - i.e. getting information about your location, accounts, and other info not really needed for the app to run. Developers could then use this information for market-targeting, or potentially sell the information to marketers.

    Generally if the permissions seem reasonable, and needed for the app, I feel comfortable about accepting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    If I may ask one more question...

    How do you see the permissions? I mean, I generally just download a game and play it. Is there something I'm missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you scroll down from the app's page on Amazon, it's in the Technical Details section under "Application Permissions."

      Delete