Monday, October 29, 2012

Ghost Hunting with Comedy Author Kathy Carmichael

We're pleased today to feature a spooky introduction to KindleBoards author Kathy Carmichael!

Chains dragged up the stairs. Footsteps thumped down the hallway and from room to room. Chills. Dark shadows. This is what I experienced nightly in the haunted house I grew up in.

Fast forward to today. To prevent burnout, authors often encourage each other to have hobbies and interests outside of writing. For me this was particularly difficult. My hobby has always been reading, but reading isn’t that much of a separation from writing.

I tried bowling, but I was awful at it.

I tried bargain hunting, but I just don’t enjoy shopping that much.

Then finally I hit on something I enjoyed.

Since I grew up in a haunted house I’ve always been interested in anything spectral. I watched episodes of Ghost Hunters and was delighted. The idea of trying to scientifically prove the existence of ghosts really appealed to me.

Eureka. I found a hobby. Ghost hunting.

I joined several local ghost-hunting groups and went on excursions with them. Another writer friend Kimberly Llewellyn and I have gone on independent investigations as well. We’ve had mixed results in obtaining physical evidence. We’ve captured orbs (without using a camera flash), recorded electronic voice phenomena and even had some intelligent responses during an investigation. Whether or not you believe in ghosts, you can still have fun lurking about in a house that’s believed to be haunted. Here is a link to a video from one investigation we participated in that produced some good results. I’m the one playing patty cake with a ghost of a little girl.

The life of an author is fodder and so it was natural that I would want to write about my experiences as a ghost hunter, many of which have been quite intriguing. In my novella Your Magic Touch the ghost hunters in the story use some of the same equipment I use in my ghostly investigations.


Here’s a little about Kath's book Your Magic Touch.

She's determined to get the story...Tabloid reporter Frannie Fielding arrives at Haliday Hall with three ghost hunters to investigate possible ghost infestations.  But there's more to Frannie and the ghost hunters than meets the eye.

He'll do whatever it takes to stop her...
Sinclair Haliday, a dead ringer for Heathcliff or Mr. de Winter, finds the peskiest of the intruders to be Frannie with her endless questions—although he has to admit she's the cutest living creature he's ever seen.  After being blackmailed into allowing the group into the Newport, RI mansion, Sinclair is determined the only story they will leave with is of a failed attempt to find ghosts.

Until they share a magic kiss...
In this romantic comedy, sparks fly as Frannie tries to resist Sinclair's magic touch.

Get your copy of Your Magic Touch today!


Bestselling author Kathy Carmichael resides on the west coast of Florida with her Scottish husband, two not-so-wee sons, two cats and a huge collection of dust bunnies. Kathy writes award-winning romantic comedies and humorous mysteries. Her Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy series is a reader favorite.

Kathy's romantic comedy, Hot Flash, was named by the American Library Association's Booklist magazine as one of the Top 10 Romance Fiction titles for 2009.

See her website or her author page on Amazon!

1 comment: