Friday, January 3, 2014

"Starlet's Web," by Carla J. Hanna

A talented teen actress gets caught up in Hollywood's celebrity scene, in this highly-rated novel that opens up the Starlet Series.

Starlet's Web (The Starlet Series, #1), by Carla J. Hanna
Price: $2.99
305 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 35 reviews

"5 out of 5! Read it! I promise you won't regret it.- Nadah, YA blogger at readingwritingcoffee.blogspot.com/2012/12/book-review-starlets-web.html

***** Stars for the starlet series. As an industry person, it was a fun walk down memory lane reading "behind the scenes Hollywood" and recognizing people, places and industry insider "fun facts." It not only carries a wonderful message for young women to read and relate to, but tells the story of the not so glamorous reality of behind the scenes "real Hollywood." - Hollywood film veteran

***** I'm a FAN and want the next novel! Liana Marie is a strong girl on a journey, learning to accept life's good and bad and choose what is best for her...I think of Hailee Steinfeld from True Grit or Lily Collins from Mirror Mirror, Phil Collin's daughter...Evan is a Daniel Radcliff who loves to act and knows how to keep his privacy and be a star. Bryon is your typical high school prom king, charming and hot....Manuel is a sweetheart and smart jock. He's your Tim Tebow. -Teen reader

***** Good read. I found this to be be a really interesting story about the celebrity lifestyle...I was surprised with how much I related to Liana Marie. I loved the twist at the end (and was shocked!). It really made me think and open my eyes to what we expect of teen celebrities and youth at large. - 20-something reader

Love. Lies. Acting. Hollywood entangles talented teen actress.

Liana Marie Michael writes her first memoir, Starlet's Web, as she deals with the consequences of being a teen actor, torn between mixed-messages from Hollywood's focus on being sexy. She talks in monologues and thinks in scripts as do her entertainment industry-consumed peers. Her love-interest, student athlete Manuel Biro, provides an alternative perspective. But as truths are revealed, what is real is in question.
---
I'm actress Liana Marie Michael. I won an Oscar at 17 but whatever. Really. Celebrity is what it is: marketing a product. I'm part of a tight-knit group of kids of celebrities. I keep to myself and don't complain about my life. I've been happy until lately.

Evan dumping me leveled me. Matthew shocked me. I knew he couldn't hurt me with my bodyguard so near, but his eyes...so I have trust issues. Dating super-hot Byron didn't help clear the confusion either. I'm torn between going to church on Sunday and making a living from pop culture.

But experience builds perspective. My days of shutting up needed to end. First, I told Manuel. Then I told my mom. It turned out awesome until I learned the truth.

Now I'm screwed. Totally. Let's face it: Hollywood's web entangles everyone.

Winner of the January 21, 2013 IBD Award!

---Genres: YA contemporary romance, teen love and romance, young adult, coming of age fiction, new adult fiction, edgy inspirational romance, multicultural romance. Contains premarital sex and mild swearing.

Get this KB Spotlight book!

Worldwide links: USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil India Mexico



Customer Reviews



Online Sample




Kindle MatchBook

If you buy (or already have) the printed book, you can get the ebook for $0.99, through Amazon's new MatchBook program.

Get this KB Spotlight book!


Meet the Author

LOVE. LIES. ACTING. THE STARLET SERIES.

Starlet's Web - Hollywood entangles talented teen actress in a web of lies. A fast read with plot twists.

Starlet's Run - In a world where an actress is a product and everyone is a critic, can young love survive? Should it? A deeper read with character development.

Starlet's Light - Young Hollywood actress is 'so done' with acting. She gives up the fight until she sees the light.

---

My series started with two simple questions: What if we stayed in Santa Monica, California? What if my kids continued to play with the sweet, isolated children of celebrities? My tall, beautiful daughter would have wanted to become a swimsuit model and my charming son would have dated Violet Affleck. I would have begged them not to become actors.

http://www.carlajhanna.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CarlaJHanna http://www.twitter.com/carlajhanna
http://www.wattpad.com/CarlaJHanna (over 28,000 fans!)

~ STARLET'S WEB won the January 21, 2013 IBD AWARD! ~

More from this Author


No comments:

Post a Comment