Friday, January 24, 2014

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day: Talking Clock Pro and Bonus App

Today's Free App of the Day is Talking Clock Pro
Originally $1.99


Another FAOTD that is less than well reviewed. Lots of one-star complaints about spyware, plus saying the app just isn't very good...which I agree with. This is a clock that will tell you the time in intervals you specify. Which, I guess would be useful if you don't want to be late to something. Once you've set it up, you're supposed to be able to minimize it so the clock can be in the background. I haven't found a way to do that yet, though I did eventually manage to get out of "Instant Clock" mode.. So there's a KBAAD.

of reviews are four stars and above.

So we have a bonus pick: Kitchen Timer.


Truthfully, I've had some difficulty finding a good alternative today, but I did fin this kitchen timer.  It works well enough, and there don't seem to be egregious permissions, but there are some glaring typos in the menus, which puts me off... but it is a good basic kitchen timer, and sometimes that's all you want!

79 of 83 reviews are four stars and above.

These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with my Fire HD 8.9" 4G. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page.  Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment