Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day: Diary Pro and Bonus App: Diaro

Today's Free App of the Day is Diary Pro
Originally $0.99


This is a basic diary app. You open up, you can create an entry for the day, you can add a drawing as an attachment, you can convert a day's entry to a PDF. When entering the password, you are only asked to enter it once, no confirmation entry. So if you enter it wrong the first time (and you can only briefly see each character as you type), and haven't entered what you think you have, your password won't work. Of course, I could only get the app to ask me for a password one time--the rest of the time my personal private thoughts were open to the world. I'd give this three stars. It's very basic, but you can add drawings and photographs to it, and export entries as a PDF. You can also search entries. Settings consist of a limited number of color themes, backup and restore settings and fonts. It is very easy to use, and if all you need is a very basic diary and hinky ability to password isn't a problem, this isn't bad. I've tested worse journals. But I found a better one, too.

22 of 36 reviews are four stars and above.

So we have a bonus pick: Diaro - personal diary.


The Free App of the Day was okay, I wasn't going to do a bonus app, but then I decided "okay" wasn't good enough for our readers! I found this journaling app, which I hadn't tried before. It's much more attractive upon opening than the other app. It's got a passcode--four digit number--that reliably worked for me. You can't add drawings but you can add pictures and they are visible in the journal page. In the other app, the pic was an attachment to the journal page. You can search your entries, you can tag them, you can set up folders. You can't create PDFs or save to Dropbox unless you upgrade to the paid version. This is really one of the nicest journals I've tried. I'd seriously consider paying for the pro version ($3.99) if I used a journal more. Maybe it will be a FAOTD some time!

14 of 19 reviews are four stars and above.

These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with my Fire HD 8.9" 4G. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page.  Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment