Monday, February 18, 2013

Profile: Sci-Fi / fantasy author Alaina Stanford

In today's author profile, we're pleased to feature Sci-Fi / fantasy author Alaina Stanford!

I've been writing books since I was a child. I've had an overactive imagination since I can remember and found the best way to lull myself to sleep at night was to lay and think of new endings to my favorite movies or better yet take a minor character from a movie or book and create a story around them. I've always loved science fiction, one of my first memories of watching TV was of a young Captain Kirk in some kind of trouble.

It wasn't easy being an expert trekkie in high school. But once I discovered Ray Bradbury the sky was the limit. I moved on to fantasy with great authors like Tolkien, Terry Brooks and RA Salvatore.

Eventually it occurred to me to start putting my stories in writing. I am constantly amazed at how my stories seem to write themselves. I write like most people read. Once a story is done, I am lost until I begin another.

I currently live in a small town at the base of the beautiful mountains in Utah. I couldn't ask for a more inspiring venue. I've written the Hypnotic Journey Fantasy Adventure Series books: Forbidden Quest, When Magic Fails, As Darkness Falls and comming soon A Sequence of Darkness. I have also written the Treborel Scifi Book Series: Tempest Rise and soon to come Tempest Lost.

My website is alainastanford.intuitwebsites.com - come and visit me!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your existence. Captain Kirk was one of my first fictional heroes. I've considered myself a Trekkie since childhood. I'm also lost between writing stories.

    ReplyDelete