Thursday, November 8, 2012

Free Kindle books! (Thursday Nov 8)

Here is today's selection of free and bargain Kindle books!

A Touch of Ice (An Everly Gray Adventure), by L. J. Charles. (Still free?)

Get this bestselling romantic mystery for free today!

"The mystery twists and turns, keeping this reader thoroughly entertained, trying to figure out the clues. Romantic suspense readers won't want to miss this one!" -- Wendy L. Hines, Top 1000 Amazon Reviewer 

"The first Everly Gray adventure gets the series off to a promising start. There is a fine romance deftly integrated into the action. The momentum is never lost as all the pieces of the puzzle dovetail into a nicely-wrapped conclusion. Readers will look forward to the other books in the series." -- Donna Brown, Romantic Times


Everly Gray's fingers are a magnet for trouble.

When she touches photographer Mitchell Hunt and sees the image of a dead body, she dives into the murder fingertips first. Life takes a turn for the dangerous when she discovers the body is related to a small-time crime family that accidentally stepped on the toes of notorious criminal, Delano West. Caught in a web of intrigue where nothing is as it seems, El discovers an aptitude for breaking and entering, the pain of an up close and personal meeting with a bullet, and the terror of facing a cold blooded killer. What she doesn't learn: to keep her fingers to herself.

What they're saying...

"A suspense-filled romance that will keep you up late turning the pages. Everly and Violet make perfect partners in their sleuthing, complementing one another perfectly. The romance between Mitch and Everly is sweet and blossoms into something spicy and wonderful. The mystery twists and turns, keeping this reader thoroughly entertained, trying to figure out the clues. Romantic suspense readers won't want to miss this one!"
~Romance Junkies

"A fun adventure with characters who sizzle."
~ Adrienne Girodano, author of the Private Protector series



286 pages, with a 4.6-star rating from 88 reviews.



Wrecker, by Dave Conifer. (Still free?)

A psychological thriller, free today!

"This is a good tale and is a page turner (or a Kindle clicker). I enjoyed it, and I am looking to reading more from this author." -- Michael Gallagher

"Good writing and an incredible plot and characters." -- Edward G. Talbo


Jane thought a loveless marriage was as bad as it could get.


Steve thought life was perfect with a hired man to do his chores.

They were both wrong.

Jane Havelock is coping a day at a time in a bad marriage when her husband Steve hires handyman Rob Manteo for a never-ending series of odd jobs around the house. At first Jane is repulsed by Manteo, a huge, muscular man with primitive communication skills. But revulsion reluctantly gives way to curiosity and even fascination as loneliness drives her into a precarious friendship with Manteo. He's morose and mysterious, but there's definitely more to him than meets the eye.

As her marriage and her husband's career crumble around her, Jane digs into Manteo's past and uncovers a horrible secret. She knows now that it was more than chance that brought Manteo into their world, but it may be too late.


538 pages, with a 4-star rating from 58 reviews.



On Unfaithful Wings (An Icarus Fell Novel), by Bruce Blake. (Still free?)

In the mood for a dark urban fantasy? Try this unique take on the darker side of angels.

"I am a sucker for pop culture references, and "On Unfaithful Wings" is full of them. If you're tired of all of the run of the mill angels that are all sweetness and light, then you'll love Bruce Blakes's angels. Not just my favorite Kindle book of the year, but one of my favorite books ever. " -- Terrie Turner, Amazon reviewer


I was alive, then I was dead, now I'm stuck somewhere in between.

My name is Icarus Fell. I am a harvester.

The archangel Michael brought me back to collect souls and help them on their way to Heaven--that's what a harvester does. If I get enough of them before the bad guys do--if I do a good job--I can have my life back. Now people I knew in life are dying, killed by a murderer's knife, their bodies defiled, and the cops think I'm the killer.

I'm not, but I think I know who is.

But how does a dead man, a man who no longer exists, stop a psycho? I'm not sure, but I'm going to stop him before everyone I know is dead.

I have to stop him before he gets to my son.



262 pages, with a 4.5-star rating from 37 reviews.



Carved in Memory: A Justin Hall Story, by Ethan Jones. (Still free?)

A suspenseful thriller in the Justin Hall series!

"It's a fast-paced, suspenseful cliffhanger, written in a crisp, no-wasted-words style." -- J. Chambers

"The writing is crisp and clean and paints the proverbial word picture." -- Top Dragon


Carved in Memory is a short story prequel to Arctic Wargame, the first book in the wildly popular Justin Hall spy thriller series, which came out in May. Arctic Wargame hit the Amazon's Top 100 Best Sellers in Suspense Thrillers list in July and October, standing at No. 11 and No. 8.

When Justin Hall, a Canadian Intelligence Service agent, is captured by terrorists in Libya during a rescue operation, he is left with only his mind games to escape certain death.

The bonus content includes the prologue and the first four chapters of Arctic Wargame and the prologue and the first four chapters of Tripoli's Target, the second book in this series, which came out on October 4.



171 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 11 reviews.



We Are The Hanged Man, by Douglas Lindsay. (Still free?)

A police procedural thriller, yours free today!

"A Solid serial killer / police procedural with plenty of twists. This book is the first full length form Douglas Lindsay featuring DCI Jericho. Many twists are found here that kept me guessing right up until the very end. Being that it was put out by Blasted Heath, I had high expectations and I was not disappointed." -- Dan Vanderkooi


When the latest hit reality TV show, Britain's Got Justice, needs an expert police panellist, DCI Robert Jericho's boss thrusts him into the media spotlight, knowing full well that Jericho has been desperate to avoid the limelight since his wife's unexplained disappearance ten years ago.

With the press now hounding his every move, there's nowhere to hide.

Meanwhile, a killer, newly released from prison, resumes the bone-chilling handiwork for which he was locked away thirty years earlier.

Sinister tarot cards turn up on Jericho's desk, each one more grotesque than its predecessor. As he investigates a series of seemingly unrelated deaths, he becomes aware that a noose is gradually tightening around his throat.

Someone is setting him up for a neck-breaking fall.

"Very nicely plotted, thickly laced with dark humour, with a little bit of everything thrown in - drama, intrigue, humour, mystery, tension, romance ... my read of the year so far."  -- The View From The Blue House

"This chilling black comedy unfolds at dizzying speed... an impressive debut novel." -- Sunday Mirror

Douglas Lindsay is the author of the Barney Thomson crime series, which begins with The Long Midnight Of Barney Thomson, and is currently seven novels and a novella (The End Of Days) strong. He is also the author of Lost In Jaurez and The Unburied Dead. Douglas lives in Somerset, UK.



374 pages, with a 4.6-star rating from 9 reviews.



Marketing Your Book On Amazon: 21 Things You Can Easily Do For Free To Get More Exposure and Sales (Book Marketing on a Shoestring Budget), by Shelley Hitz. (Still free?)

60 pages of advice on getting your book "published and noticed."

Author Shelley Hitz offers book marketing advice, and includes a 27-minute video covering the exact steps to take after publishing a book, a post-publication checklist, and access to her 20-page PDF, "Places to Submit Your Free KDP Select Promotion."

All free for today! 

"I have read several guides similar to this one, but none are as systematic and easy to follow, and you'd have to read more than one to find all the hints and advice together in one place like in this one. I can't wait to put Shelley's advice to work for me. The video tutorial alone makes the cost worth it." -- B. Nault, Amazon reviewer


Not only will you get all the content within this Kindle book, but you will also get access to a 27 minute bonus video I recorded for you. I want you to be successful in your book marketing efforts and so in this video, I show you on my computer screen exactly how I optimize my books on Amazon after publication.


Are you selling as many books as you'd like?
  • If not, it might be because people aren't finding you. One way to increase your exposure on Amazon's search engine is through keywords.
Are you ready for your book launch day?
  • One key to getting on the Amazon bestseller's list is to sell as many books as possible in one day. And when you choose your categories wisely, you will have less competition and more success on launch day.
Learn how to optimize your books on Amazon and Kindle using categories, tags and more. I will take you step-by-step through the process using screenshots to show you exactly what to do. I have been publishing books since 2008 and wish I would have known this information at that time. I now want to share all the tips and tricks that I have learned with you to decrease your learning curve.

Join me as I teach you 21 things you can easily do for free to get more exposure and sales.

What Is Included In This Book:
  1. Know the Anatomy of an Amazon Book Sales Page
  2. Choose the Best Categories For Your Book
  3. Sign Up For Author Central
  4. Add Your Books to Your Author Profile
  5. Change Your Book Categories For Print Books
  6. Change Your Book Categories for Kindle eBooks
  7. Make Sure the Print and Kindle Versions Are Linked
  8. Add Search Keywords To Your Book
  9. Add Tags to Your Book Sales Page
  10. Update Your Author Profile
  11. Post Your Most Powerful Reviews on Your Book Sales Page
  12. Add From the Author to Your Book Sales Page
  13. Create a Compelling Book Description
  14. Update Your Amazon Public Profile
  15. Add Extras Through Shelfari
  16. Get Valuable Sales Data For Print and Kindle Books
  17. Get Customer Reviews For Your Book
  18. Sign Up For The Amazon Associate Program
  19. Digitally Autograph Your Kindle eBooks
  20. Promote Your Book Via Social Media
  21. Promote Your New Book Using KDP Select
And more!

It is truly amazing what a few tweaks and changes to your Amazon account can do for your book rankings. Within just a few days of optimizing my account, one of my books hit #1 on the Kindle for its category.



60 pages, with a 4.9-star rating from 16 reviews.



Browse more free books at the Amazon "free Kindle books" page!

"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a free e-book!

Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox: Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!

(We save you time by curating our selections of free books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your free e-books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment