Thursday, April 11, 2013

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day: Chromasphere and a Bonus Word Game!

Today's Free App of the Day is Chromasphere
Originally $1.29


This is a "roller-ball" game where you move the ball across the screen by tilting the device. Beautiful graphics, nice sound affects. I found it worked well, and finishing the levels is doable; getting the medal times is much more challenging. I like that, when replaying a level, you have a "ghost" image of the best time to try to stay ahead of. I think if I fiddled with the settings, I could improve my speed. There are a lot of refinements you can do to optimize for your device. I did have to try to download it twice, but the second time worked. It also froze one time, but exiting the game and going back in solved that. I think it's better than the reviews, but since I found a fun freebie, there's a bonus app for today.

6 of 10 reviews are four stars and above.

So we have a bonus pick: 7 Little Words.


This is a unique word game. You are given clues to seven words, and how many letters each word is. Below are word fragments. You pick the fragments that you think spell out the word. For example, the clue might be breakfast food, the letter fragments might be do nu ts. The trick is that the fragments for all seven words are jumbled together. You start with the ones that you think you know, which removes them from play. It's more challenging than I thought, but fortunately, you can work through the easy ones which helps by process of elimination. Not timed. 878 of 914 reviews are four stars and above.

These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with my Fire HD 8.9" 4G. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page.  Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment