Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day: A Database Tool and a Bonus App!

Today's Free App of the Day is SQLTool Pro Database Editor
Originally $1.99


This is a database tool that allows you to run queries against a SQL database. The negatives are that it is a very large size to download and that large queries are slow to execute. Because of the limited appeal of the app, I'm picking a an alternate app.

7 of 10 reviews are four stars and above.

So we have a bonus pick: Any.DO: To do list | Task List.
This is a nice productivity app. It's a minimalist to-do list. If you just need a simple list. You can set up folders for different parts of your life, like work and personal, or for projects, and assign tasks to them. One thing I like about this app is there is also an iOS version, and I can sync my tasks between both my iDevices and my Android ones. I think that's a good thing.... Any.Do will tell you you rock when you finish a task and you can set it to prompt you first thing every day to plan which unfinished tasks you are going to work on that day. Nice app. Note that it apparently doesn't sync with Google tasks, which I don't use. 34 of 68 reviews are four stars and above.

These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with my Fire HD 8.9" 4G. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page.  Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment