Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"Nostrum (The Scourge)," by Roberto Calas

From the author of the Scourge, here's an 8-episode Kindle serial that follows the harrowing quest of Sir Edward as he seeks to save his love from a horrible affliction. Just $1.99 for all eight episodes!

Nostrum (The Scourge) (Kindle Serial), by Roberto Calas

"I loved being thrust back into the Medieval world of Sir Edward and his friends. Roberto Calas creates a fantastic atmosphere that incorporates the gruesome and the scary as well as having a healthy dose of humour! The story rocks along from the start and it had me turning my virtual pages one after the other to find out what happens next. I really enjoy the author's ability to mix fiction with history so expertly - he weaves so many interesting historical facts into the story and they give both the setting and his characters so much depth. There are plenty of hooks and Roberto had me laughing out loud on many occasions. A really great read where the author explores the many emotions of his characters and is able to balance perfectly a mix of the serious, the scary, the interesting and the downright funny. I can't recommend 'The Scourge: Nostrum' enough." -- Amazon reviewer

This book is a Kindle Serial. Kindle Serials are stories published in episodes, with future episodes delivered at no additional cost. This serial currently contains one episode out of an estimated eight total episodes, and new episodes will be delivered every two weeks.

The journey north ended with The Scourge.
The journey for a cure has just begun…
Sir Edward Dallingridge survived his journey through the anarchy that is now England, leaving in his wake the bodies of mad lords, foul invaders, friends, and the risen dead. There was nothing on earth that could keep him from the woman he loves.
Nothing but the horror that has already consumed her.
His journey is over, but his mission is far from complete. As a knight of the realm, he has defended England from every enemy it has. But how does one drive away a plague sent from hell? His only hope lies in the rumors of a cure–a treatment concocted by a strange man on an island fortress. Edward will do everything in his power to find this alchemist and to bring Elizabeth back from the walking terror she has become.
The Scourge: Nostrum is the follow-up to The Scourge, continuing the harrowing quest of Sir Edward in a world that knows no God, no laws, and no hope.

Episode List
An additional episode will be delivered until the book is complete. New episodes will be added to the same book on your Kindle, keeping your place and retaining your notes and highlights. You'll be notified via email when a new episode has been delivered.

Episode 1: Released on June 18, 2013. 55 pages. Edward realizes that prayer alone won't heal his Elizabeth and sets off after Tristan. But finding a steed proves almost as challenging (and dangerous) as finding his old friend.

Discuss the episodes with other readers in this book’s Customer Discussions Forum on Amazon.com.

Get this KB Spotlight book!

Worldwide links: USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil India



Customer Reviews



Online Sample


Get this KB Spotlight book!


Meet the Author

Hi, and thanks for your interest in my novels. My name is Roberto Calas (pronounced kah-LASS, with the accent on the last syllable) and I am an author of fantasy and historical fantasy. I live in Sandy Hook, Connecticut. Yes, that Sandy Hook.

If you are interested in picking up additional tidbits about my novels or writing or life in general, my blog can be found at http://robertocalas.com.

I'm a voracious reader and have been since I was a wee one. The landscapes of fantasy and science fiction were my usual haunts, but as I grew I developed a keen interest in history as well, particularly medieval history.

When I was fairly young, maybe nine or ten, I accidentally set fire to my best friend's living room while adding burned edges to a fantasy map we had made. Somehow my love of fantasy survived that calamity and I continued to write stories about fire giants and knights. Okay, I kind of gave up on the fire giants. But definitely still writing about knights.

I graduated from the University of Connecticut with a degree in Journalism and a concentration in Creative Writing, and went on to work as a reporter for a large Connecticut daily. I realized fairly early that newspaper reporting wasn't so much 'writing' as it was filling space in as unimaginative a way as possible. I spent three years chained to an oar aboard an advertiser-driven barge, with angry editors lashing whips and shouting. So I escaped and moved on to magazine writing and editing, which was more pleasant sailing, but it was still a long way from writing the stories that I had spent my childhood inventing.

I row my own boat now. Yeah, the metaphor is wearing thin. I have written two novels, The Scourge (published by 47North) and The Beast of Maug Maurai.

A couple other things about me:

My fiancee lives in the UK. I am father to twins. I can juggle. I fenced competitively though college. I used to own a sword/historical reproductions company. I have a pilot's license. I hate spiders. I love fireplaces and hot chocolate. Love fighter jets. I love castles and knights. Love sleep. Love snowstorms and thunderstorms. Love twizzlers and Coke. Absolutely love to go to the movies. Love forests and mountains. Love the moon when it's full or when its a tiny crescent. Love reading. Love drawing. Love telling stories. With the amount of evidence my friends have, I could never, ever run for president.

I hope you enjoy my novels. Please drop by my blog, robertocalas.com, and let me know what you think. Or just say hi. It's lonely sailing this ship by myself.

More from this Author





No comments:

Post a Comment