Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day: Quiz of Seers and bonus app!

Today's Free App of the Day is Quiz of Seers [QoS] - Ad Free
Originally $0.99


This is an extremely poorly reviewed game due to difficulty getting it to work. The negative reviews mostly are about the device not installing on Kindle Fires and others. A few complain about having to put either an email address or Facebook signin to play. Both complaints are valid. The game downloaded fine, and didn't initially ask me for my email address, but locked up when trying to download the questions.

 I removed and reinstalled. (Both times the game opened on a "play again" kind of screen, but pressing the "back" button on the menu bar brought me to the game's menu screen). The second time the game did ask me for an email address or FB login, I used an email I give to potential spam sites. And now it is trying to download questions. It hasn't actually locked up, but it's been fifteen minutes. Frankly I'd pass on this one unless you're desparate for a trivia question game and haven't found one yet.

 EDIT: I finally got the game to run. I quit it and went back into it again. This time it asked me to confirm by clicking on the email I had been sent. Couldn't find an email, even in my spam folder. Tried to login again, this time it let me in, and I was able to get the game to work.

 It's actually a pretty nice trivia game once you get it work, though for some reason, of the four questions, one was crossed out when I first played, and then I "earned" (somehow) an extra "crossout" so I only have two of four that I need to pick from. The help screen mainly explains the different modes, but not any of the fine points of the game.

If you use the Fire's menu bar to go "back" you can find an additional menu screen that lets you set up a profile, though that doesn't have much more than picking a gender and an icon, setting alerts, telling you how many potions you have.

2 of 18 reviews are four stars and above.

So we have a bonus pick: Words (Kindle Tablet Edition).


This game has attractive screens and so far, all the games have worked well. Games are: Word Search Hangman QuoteFalls KrissKross Speed Words So far, I've tried Word Search, Hangman, and Kriss Kross. The diagonal words in the word search are a bit difficult to highlight, but they do work.) Hangman has nice graphics; you can choose who you by earning stars; you start with Tart the Apple, but can earn Bob the Office Worky, Sunny the Sunflower and Floppy the Rabbit. You also get awards. You can choose the level you play by going into settings for the individual games. I'm really pleased with this game so far and am delighted to get Kriss Kross! 35 of 43 reviews are four stars and above.

These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with my Fire HD 8.9" 4G. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page.  Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment