Monday, March 10, 2014

"Broken," a New Adult romance by Annie Jocoby

Broken (Nick #1), by Annie Jocoby
Price: $0.99
279 pages, with a 4.1-star rating from 16 reviews

"A must-read. Another great story!! It has a lot of emotions going on in it. Nick does some things that just pissed me off but on the other hand he does have his own issues. There were times I felt sad for him. So many feelings going on in this book which I love. Can't wait to see what happens next." -- Amazon reviewer

Book One of a planned three book trilogy.

Nick O'Hara is, for lack of a better word, a man-wh***. Look in the Urban Dictionary under that word, and his name will no doubt be mentioned. The only qualifications that he looks for in a bed-mate is that the person is hot and breathing. Mainly hot. He has no desire for an emotional connection with another person, and that's the way he lives his life. He has his fabulous wealth and his reputation as a premiere architect, and that's enough for him.

Until Scotty James.

Scotty is a graduate student at Columbia University in New York City. She's broken from traumatic experiences from her years in foster care and homelessness. She has a vulnerability that is intoxicating to Nick, because, deep down, he knows that he is as broken as she.

When Nick pursues Scotty, it seems that she is the only woman who doesn't want to be with him. At first she's a challenge, but Nick soon finds himself falling in love for the first time in his life. With a woman who wants nothing to do with him.

Can Scotty overcome her trust issues and fear to let Nick in? Or will she prove to be too broken to trust?

This is a full-length, 95,000 word, New Adult novel with mature themes.

Get this KB Spotlight book!

Worldwide links: USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil India Mexico



Customer Reviews



Online Sample


Get this KB Spotlight book!


Meet the Author

Well, I'm just a tad nutty in real life. A bit scattered, a bit of a dreamer, never together. I wanted to originally create a character based upon myself, because I felt that people could relate to somebody who is decidedly imperfect. And have her get the dreamboat man, because, let's face it, we all want that, right ladies? That was my inspiration for the story of Iris and Ryan in my Illusions books. Those novels were so well-received, that I just decided to keep on keeping on. Scotty, the current heroine in my Broken novels, is so much more together than myself. So it’s been fun to write her. And Nick has turned into a revelation – he seems to be a bit of a tough guy who is nothing but a womanizer, but I’ve found his soft side. I’m a little bit, ok a lot, in love with Nick and Ryan myself, and who wouldn’t be? I'm having the time of my life writing these books, and I want to keep on writing them until my fans decide that they've had enough!

More from this Author


No comments:

Post a Comment