Saturday, March 15, 2014

"I Bring the Fire," by C. Gockel

This imaginative, highly-praised novel is the first in a series. Fate brings young vet-in-training Amy Lewis together with the mischievous god Loki. Get the first book free today!

I Bring the Fire Part I : Wolves (A Loki Story), by C. Gockel
Price: $2.99 $0.0 (save 100%)
252 pages, with a 4.4-star rating from 151 reviews

"This is a fun read! It includes plenty of background for those not immersed in Norse mythology which will interest both those who are familiar with it, and those who are not. I enjoyed the interaction of the characters and the misinterpretation of their interactions between each other due to social differences of dark age Scandinavia and modern day America. The characters are very real and the story reads fast. A great read." -- Amazon reviewer

In the middle of America, on Route 44, Amy Lewis has a plan -- to get to her grandma's house in time for dinner. Galaxies away Loki is waking up in a prison cell, strangely without a hangover, and with no idea what he's done wrong... this time anyway. But he does know Thor is hiding something, Odin is up to something wicked, and there seems to be something he's forgotten...

In this tale that is equal parts Another Fine Myth, American Gods, and Once Upon a Time, a very nice midwestern girl and a jaded, still very mischievous Loki must join forces to outwit gods, elves, magic sniffing cats, and nosy neighbors. If Loki can remember exactly what he's forgotten and Amy can convince him not to be too distracted by Earthly gadgets, her boobs, or three day benders, they just might pull it off...

This first volume of "I Bring the Fire" is for anyone who suspects chaos and mischief makers might have their own redeeming qualities, and anyone who just wants a good fantasy romp through modern Earth, ancient Asgard, and beyond!

THE I BRING THE FIRE SERIES:
I Bring the Fire: Part I Wolves
Monsters: I Bring the Fire Part II
Chaos: I Bring the Fire Part III
In the Balance: An I Bring the Fire Novella

Get this KB Spotlight book!

Worldwide links: USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil India Mexico



Customer Reviews



Online Sample


Get this KB Spotlight book!


Meet the Author

I am an author, techie, and mother. I got my start writing fanfiction-and I'm not ashamed. Much. My fans told me I should write professionally. Being a coward, I ignored them. It was actually my husband's nagging, "Stop writing for free! I want to retire. You could be the next 50 Shades of Gray," that finally wore me down.

Sigh. If only. I can't write smut.

I've written one short sci-fi story called "Murphy's Star." I've also written four books and one novella in my *I Bring the Fire *series. I will soon be releasing a short story in the *I Bring the Fire* series--be on the lookout for "The Slip".

More from this Author


No comments:

Post a Comment