Saturday, December 21, 2013

"The Handfasting," by David Burnett

"Touching." "Romantic." "Charming." This literary romance from David Burnett has captivated readers. Download it for a special price today.

The Handfasting, by David Burnett
Price: $1.99
250 pages, with a 4.6-star rating from 23 reviews

"Excellent read! A beautiful tale of love. The Handfasting is a book that left me with my jaw hanging open more than once (and I am not easily shocked!). The character of Bill Wilson will leave even the most laid-back, casual reader wanting to punch him in the face for the main character. I had to put the book down and walk away for a few minutes because the interaction between Katherine and Bill got me so riled up. If you grew up knowing about the "old South," you'll find descriptions of the women in Katherine's hometown to be amusing and entirely too accurate. And you'll want her to find her freedom away from her family. David Burnett's second book shows his ability to tell compelling stories about love lost and found again. His description of small European towns and churches reinforces to the reader that he has not only seen these places in person, but has explored them in depth, which helps to take the reader to the scene. I highly recommend The Handfasting! " -- Amazon reviewer


Ten years had passed since they had joined hands in the ruins of the old abbey church. Standing before the high altar, they were handfasted in the Celtic custom, engaged to be married.
 

A rose bush had bloomed beside the ruined altar. Stephen had reached out to caress one of the flowers. "I'll find you," he had said. "In ten years, when we have finished school, when we are able to marry, I'll find you. Until then, whenever you see a yellow rose, remember me. Remember I love you."
 

In those ten years, Katherine had finished college, completed med school, and become a doctor. For a decade, she had been waiting, hoping, praying, and, today ─ her birthday─ she finds a vase of yellow roses when she reaches home.
 

Stephen, though, is not Katherine's only suitor. Bill Wilson has known her since they were in high school. He has long planned to wed her, and he finally decides to stake his claim. His methods leave a lot to be desired, the conflict turns nasty, and Katherine must choose the future that she wants.
 
Here is what people are saying about The Handfasting:

David Burnett has done an amazing job writing this beautiful love story. It is well-written. The story line has love and tragedy all in one. I love it when a book has a happy ending. I definitely recommend my friends to read this awesome book. -- Len Phelps, As-You-Wish Reviews
 

Oh my goodness....What a sweet story!! When I started this I couldn't put it down! I read it in less than 6 hours !... I must tell you that I could feel everything Katherine and Steve were going through. Her friends remind me of my own who would be there for me at any day and time that I needed them. You have a new follower. Mr. Burnett. I do hope to read more from you. -- Jaime, bawakas-bookfair.blogspot.com/

Truly romantic and exciting, like true love should be. But with drama thrown in that will be like a knife in the heart. Honestly I just cannot praise this book enough. It's one I would sit and read again and again and again. Beautiful. I just LOVED this book. -- Victoria Loves Books




Get this KB Spotlight book!

Worldwide links: USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil India Mexico


Video Trailer



Customer Reviews



Online Sample




Kindle MatchBook

If you buy (or already have) the printed book, you can get the ebook for $0.99, through Amazon's new MatchBook program.

Tip: buy the print book as a gift for that romance-loving reader you know, and get the ebook for yourself at the MatchBook price!

Get this KB Spotlight book!


Meet the Author

David lives in Columbia South Carolina, with his wife and their blue-eyed cat, Bonnie. The Reunion, his first novel, is set in nearby Charleston. The Handfasting, his second book was recently published.

He enjoys traveling, photography, baking bread, and the Carolina beaches. David has photographed subjects as varied as prehistoric ruins on the islands of Scotland, star trails, sea gulls, and a Native American powwow. He and his wife have traveled widely in the United States and the United Kingdom. During one trip to Scotland, they visited Crathes Castle, the ancestral home of the Burnett family near Aberdeen. In The Reunion, Michael's journey through England and Scotland allows him to sketch many places they have visited.

David spent years in school(!), and he has graduate degrees in psychology and education. He and his wife have two daughters.

More from this Author


No comments:

Post a Comment