Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day (August 21, 2014): My Kingdom for the Princess

Today's Free App of the Day is My Kingdom for the Princess
Originally $3.99


This is a repeat from May 8, 2013 (although, oddly, my invoice says I bought it on May 7th). It's a time management game--you need to rescue a princess. To do so you have to clear roads, erect buildings, etc. It's a time management game--in this case, you have to finish all of your tasks before nightfall each day.

It worked fine on my prior Fire HD 8.9 and works well now on my HDX7, though your workers and obstacles are very tiny, they are clear. My only objection is that you can't chain actions--on some of these games, you can tap the next action to be performed while your worker is completing an action. On this one, you have to wait until your worker returns to the farm (unless you have a free worker). Also, some early reviews complained about in-app purchases; those apparently have been removed--I couldn't find any in-app purchases. Playable in airplane mode and you can have multiple player accounts, so more than one person can play this and save their own progress. Plays in landscape mode but will rotate 180 degrees. I had forgotten I had this game--no doubt I will spend too much time playing it today. Thanks, Amazon! :D

88 of 131 reviews are four stars and above.

These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with my Fire HDX. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page.  Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment