Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Free and bargain Kindle books! (Wednesday Feb 26)

Finding Home, by Jackie Weger. (Still 0.99?)

Save on this Kindle Countdown Deal!

"Brilliant dialogue! Realistic and true to life. I'm not from the South, but I've lived South of the Mason-Dixon line for the last 20 years, and Weger captures the rhythm and dialect of a proud but poor Southern woman, Phoebe Hawley, with verisimilitude. I reckon I could listen to Phoebe talk all day, and today, I did. Phoebe is a hotheaded, hard-working redhead who is desperate to provide for her siblings. She ends up running into a similarly-hardworking, proud widower, and from the very first moment Phoebe and Gage Morgan meet, they argue like crabs tossing around in a boiling pot. Eventually, they quit fighting, because this is a romance, but it's also one with a conclusion I found believable. I'd be amiss if I did not comment on two more things: the writing is as solid as the plot is well-constructed. And the editing is professional, both on a developmental level and a copy edit level." -- Amazon reviewer

Twenty-four year old Phoebe Hawley is on a quest to find her family a home. On the road with two siblings, twelve year-old Maydean and five year-old Willie-Boy, Phoebe is out of money, out of gas and out of patience. Now the only things she owns in abundance are Hawley backbone and Hawley pride--neither of which she can trade for food or gas.

A collision with Gage Morgan puts Phoebe's mission in even worse jeopardy--until Phoebe discovers Gage Morgan owns the perfect place for the Hawley clan. But! Gage Morgan has a bruised ego, a tight fist on his land and an iron fist on his heart and is the unlikeliest man in the universe to succumb to her schemes. Phoebe wields all of the pride, backbone and country smarts she owns to claim his home, plow his land and pilfer his heart. Nothing works. With time running against her family, she plies one last inducement--her scarce feminine wiles...Will it be enough?

296 pages, with a 4.4-star rating from 42 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Silicon Man, by William Massa. (Still 0.99?)

If you buy (or already have) the printed book, this ebook is free, through Amazon's new Matchbook program.

"SILICON MAN is an intelligent techno thriller where the line between man and machine has never been more unclear." -- Nicholas Sansbury Smith, best-selling author of ORBS

A global pandemic has cut the human population in half. An android workforce fills the void left by the devastation. But some of the AIs have grown tired of being slaves. Some want freedom. An underground movement of runaways has sprung up and wages a shadow war with a simple objective -- equal rights for artificial people.

Enter Commander Cole Marsalis, head of the AI-TAC first response team trained to deal with the rogue robots. Now he has been tasked with the ultimate undercover mission - infiltrate the android underground. But to do so, he will have to become that which he hates the most... A machine!

SPECIAL LAUNCH PRICE OF 0.99!

198 pages, with a 4.9-star rating from 14 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Free today!

Forever & Always (The Ever Trilogy: Book 1), by Jasinda Wilder. (Still free?)

"So, grab some tissues... wine... a pint of häagen-dazs peanut butter and chocolate ice cream... whatever you think will get you through this roller coaster ride of emotions because I promise you will need something, but every emotion you feel while on this ride is so completely and utterly worth it. You do not want to miss out on this 5 star, MUST READ book!" -- Bookslapped

Ever,

These letters are often all that get me through week to week. Even if it’s just random stuff, nothing important, they’re important to me. Gramps is great, and I love working on the ranch. But…I’m lonely. I feel disconnected, like I’m no one, like I don’t belong anywhere. Like I’m just here until something else happens. I don’t even know what I want with my future. But your letters, they make me feel connected to something, to someone. I had a crush on you, when we first met. I thought you were beautiful. So beautiful. It was hard to think of anything else. Then camp ended and we never got together, and now all I have of you is these letters. S**t. I just told you I have a crush on you. HAD. Had a crush. Not sure what is anymore. A letter-crush' A literary love? That’s stupid. Sorry. I just have this rule with myself that I never throw away what I write and I always send it, so hopefully this doesn’t weird you out too much. I had a dream about you too. Same kind of thing. Us, in the darkness, together. Just us. And it was like you said, a memory turned into a dream, but a memory of something that’s never happened, but in the dream it felt so real, and it was more, I don’t even know, more RIGHT than anything I’ve ever felt, in life or in dreams. I wonder what it means that we both had the same dream about each other. Maybe nothing, maybe everything. You tell me.

Cade
~ ~ ~ ~

Cade,

We’re pen pals. Maybe that’s all we’ll ever be. I don’t know. If we met IRL (in real life, in case you’re not familiar with the term) what would happen' And just FYI, the term you used, a literary love' It was beautiful. So beautiful. That term means something, between us now. We are literary loves. Lovers' I do love you, in some strange way. Knowing about you, in these letters, knowing your hurt and your joys, it means something so important to me, that I just can’t describe. I need your art, and your letters, and your literary love. If we never have anything else between us, I need this. I do. Maybe this letter will only complicate things, but like you I have a rule that I never erase or throw away what I’ve written and I always send it, no matter what I write in the letter.

Your literary love,

Ever

391 pages, with a 4.6-star rating from 258 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Free today!

Taylor Swift: The Whole Story FREE SAMPLER, by Chas Newkey-Burden. (Still free?)

This teaser sampler has two free chapters from the Harper Collins biography of singer-songwriter Taylor Swift.

"Honest insight. I just got the preview so I haven't read the whole thing yet, but I assure you I will. It's so refreshing to read something that doesn't ring of tabloid." -- Amazon reviewer


INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE BONUS CHAPTER: The Wit and Wisdom of Taylor Swift

The first 2 chapters from the full story of Taylor Swift’s stratospheric rise to fame; all any dedicated Swifty needs to know about the pop superstar who’s taking over the world.

A small-town girl with an incredible talent, and the strength to realise her dream, Taylor has grown into an award-winning, chart-topping artist and worldwide star, as well as a strong and stylish woman. But how did she get there? And what lies in store for her in the future?

From childhood dreams of a musical future in Pennsylvania, to determined and budding teen musician with a trademark she’s stayed faithful to ever since: honest lyrics about real-life events; her fight to be taken seriously in the music industry, through to the rewards of success and the intense pressure of expectation, Taylor Swift: The Whole Story is a full account of Taylor’s incredible journey, with everything you need to know about America’s Sweetheart.

This compelling book is packed full of fascinating details revealing the true Taylor – what drives, motivates and moves her, how she overcame the challenges that loomed on the road to fame and how authentic her wholesome image is, plus the truth about her relationships with Harry Styles, Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor Kennedy and who she’s really talking about on her tracks.

The full portrait of a girl who could so easily have faded into the background – but who blossomed in the spotlight into a grounded, graceful and inspiring young woman.

224 pages, with a 4.2-star rating from 12 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!

Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!

(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment