Sunday, February 9, 2014

Free and bargain Kindle books! (Sunday Feb 9)

Post-Human Series Volume-2 (Books 3-4), by David Simpson. (Still 0.99?)

"This is an amazing sci-fi/futurist book. It is based on the inevitable evolution of artificial intelligence and how that could affect society and the future of humanity. It is very thought provoking by dealing with how we would eventually have to change the definitions of "human" and "consciousness". The story is intense, takes lots of turns and the characters are well developed throughout the series." -- Amazon reviewer

***Great News! Book 5, Inhuman, has begun pre-sales! Pre-order your copy of the most action-packed, thrill-stuffed instalment of the Post-Human series yet by clicking here: goo.gl/RXqmIs ***

I collected the Post-Human Series into these volumes so that I could give readers a little more bang for their buck. Reading the books in these volumes is the cheapest way for new readers to access the series.

Post-Human was published in 2009, followed by Trans-Human in 2011. It caught fire in February of 2012 when the ebook revolution was at its height. The enthusiasm of readers catapulted me from being a part-time "weekend" writer to becoming a full-time author. It changed my life and I owe it all to reader support. I added two more books, Sub-Human in 2012 and Human Plus in 2013. These two volumes contain the four books in their entirety.

**Love the Post-Human series? Want FREE advance e-copies of my indie books for life? Then join my core advance readers list and get e-copies of my books before the official release date for FREE! All I ask for in return is that you send me feedback via email (like a test audience for a movie) so that I know I'm serving my most important and supportive readers! If you do that, you can stay on my list for life! Not a bad deal, if I do say so myself :) I'll be capping my advance reading list soon, but for now, I'm still taking on readers, so don't delay and send me a personal message to posthumanmedia@gmail.com and get your exclusive spot in the Post-Human tribe!** (Special offer only to Post-Human readers)

You can also get in touch with me on:

Facebook: facebook.com/posthuman.by.david.simpson

411 pages, with a 4.7-star rating from 51 reviews.


USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Nameless, Blameless Reproduction, by JACHMD. (Still 0.99?)


"I enjoyed this book very much. I learned so much about a medical issue in understandable language. The story and characters get your attention immediately and you want to know how it turns out. This is a very compassionate approach to an HIV patient and family. Don't hesitate to read this book." -- Amazon reviewer

When I get the call, I just know. Can I just answer barely awake and go back to sleep or do I need to be up in a flash? Some of it is the intuition that comes with getting calls in the dead of the night over many years. It’s the languid pace of a person’s voice with a bothersome question, the timid entry phrase, “I’m sorry to bother you with this…” Or it’s the fear and panic in the voice of the person on the other end of the line, the short demands with panting in between.

The phone rings at three a.m. The caller says, “We need you in OR four, NOW!” I don’t bother to ask. I just slam down the phone and I’m awake. In an instant, I’m in OR four.

I’m called to assist with a cesarean delivery. In forty seconds, the baby is delivered. The other obstetrician and I close without saying much. We close and inspect every layer in detail. There’s a steady flow to closing the patient’s abdomen. I’m a little tired, but each step prompts another and before long we are at the skin. Afterwards, the doctor thanks me for helping because it can be hard to find help on a case, “You know given the mother’s condition.” I just nod. This doctor is known to take the moms with HIV.
***

Shortly after surgery, when the mom dies leaving no verifiable next of kin for her newborn daughter, the baby becomes an orphan. Sensing an opportunity to do something in a situation far greater than herself, the ob-gyn, engaged in her own battle with infertility and undiagnosed depression, endeavors to adopt the little girl.

A gay man who lost his partner to HIV, the ob-gyn’s brother connects her with an attorney specializing in adoption for non-traditional families. Desperate and driven, the ob-gyn fosters the infant and names her Hope. The brother moves in to assist in welcoming her new baby home. Hope soon becomes ill, giving her new mother and uncle what seems to be an insurmountable obstacle. With not much to go on but the slimmest of chances,the siblings move ever forward, determined to see that the newest edition to their family lives. In so doing, they open up a healing process that just may save their own lives as well.

Intentionally refraining from naming her main characters, JACH MD’s debut explores this highly charged, emotional terrain without labels. In doing so, she precludes the blame and judgment so often associated both socially and personally with issues like this and instead puts her laser focus on this transformative human journey—and does so to stunning effect. Transcending stereotypes and ascending to a higher plane of understanding and acceptance, Nameless, Blameless Reproduction is a miraculous tale of healing that is as spellbinding as it is inspiring.

222 pages, with a 5-star rating from 4 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Free today!

The White Tree (The Cycle of Arawn, Book 1), by Edward W. Robertson. (Still free?)


"This was one of the most amazing books I've ever read. I could absolutely see it as a movie. The use of a sort of psychic power of the "nether" was something I've never seen or heard of before and it was quite intriguing. I hope to see more from Dante and Blays in the future! " -- Amazon reviewer

Get the complete Cycle of Arawn for $2 off per book:

Book two, $2.99 (reg $4.95): amazon.com/dp/B008OPSYOM/
Book three, $2.99 (reg $4.95): amazon.com/dp/B00HSSBKD8/

_______________________________________

Sixteen-year-old Dante is obsessed with learning to wield the nether, the powerful magic of the death god Arawn. But a century ago, Arawn's followers were scoured from the kingdom of Mallon. Their temples smashed. Their secrets lost.

When Dante tracks down a copy of their holiest book, he throws himself into its study--and finds himself under siege in the city streets. Arawn's believers aren't dead. They're in hiding, and they want back their book. With the help of the nether and a loudmouthed bodyguard named Blays, Dante escapes into the wilds. But Arawn's army is ready to march from the shadows. As they move against Mallon, they hunt Dante relentlessly, in search of the book.

And with his powers growing by the day, Dante finds himself used as a tool in the war against them. He and Blays are dispatched on a thousand-mile journey to assassinate the Arawnites' leader. If they fail, their homeland will fall.

427 pages, with a 4.1-star rating from 94 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Free today!

Socs and Greasers: Behind The Scenes of The Outsiders from Rob Lowe's Stories I Only Tell My Friends, by Rob Lowe. (Still free?)


"I grew up in the 80's and like so many others, The Outsiders & the Brat Pack were just a couple of my favorite teen influences not to mention, the crushes they each invoked. Rob Lowe has a penchant for fun storytelling that makes you feel as though you WERE one of his personal friends while he shares his memories of The Outsiders with you." -- Amazon reviewer


A scene taken straight from Rob Lowe’s New York Times bestselling memoir, Stories I Only Tell My Friends, a wryly funny and surprisingly moving account of an extraordinary life lived almost entirely in the public eye.

In Socs and Greasers, Lowe tells us what it was like to work on the set of The Outsiders, a film that helped launch the careers of many of today’s biggest stars, including Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Matt Dillon, Emilio Estevez, Ralph Macchio, C. Thomas Howell, and Rob Lowe himself.

31 pages, with a 4-star rating from 69 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!

Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!

(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment