Friday, July 10, 2015

Free and bargain Kindle books! (Friday July 10)

Rise of the Retics (Rosehaven Book 1), by T.J. Lantz. (Still 0.99?)

"This is a great young adult/children's fantasy novel with a brilliant message permeated throughout. I would definitely recommend this novel." -- Amazon reviewer

What would you do if you found out you weren't entirely human and specially trained hunters were trying to kill you? For Tyranna, a young orphan, it means moving to Rosehaven: a hidden city filled with sword-fighting squirrels, goblin assassins, and a dangerous criminal organization run by an emotionally imbalanced fairy. It might not be the safest place in the world, but when you're Retic it's the only place left.

312 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 23 reviews.





Rocco's Wings: Tales of Terrakesh, Book 1, by Rebecca Merry Murdock. (Still 4.99?)

"This book was a delightful find, coming of age and a hidden message about tolerance undercut an impassioned story and solid writing." -- Netgalley

Middle Grade Fantasy Fiction. Rocco is the only villager with wings. His wings are blue, and at night also bioluminescent (glowing). He is captured by the beautiful but cruel urvogels (winged human-like creatures) who live on the cliffs of Upper Terrakesh. He witnesses the horrid punishment of urvogels getting their wings cut off - punishment for so-called 'vanity crimes.' Urvogels live by flock principles - priave reading and music making are forbidden. Rocco's new friends, Basalt, Magma, Vesta and Iggy are facing trial. If convicted they will lose their wings. Rocco must decide if he should help them or escape on his own.

A fast moving tale of adventure, ROCCO'S WINGS, is the debut novel of Canadian lawyer Rebecca Murdock.

246 pages, with a 4.1-star rating from 16 reviews.





Free today!

Night of the Assassin: (Assassin Series Prequel), by Russell Blake. (Still free?)

"Russell Blake writes with a brisk intensity and pulse-pounding power. Jump in and hang on for a nonstop thrill ride." -- Scott Nicholson, Liquid Fear

Night of the Assassin is the gritty, edge-of-your seat prequel to King of Swords. A no-holds-barred, breakneck-paced thriller, Night of the Assassin charts the early years of El Rey - the King of Swords - a super-assassin responsible for some of the world's most spectacular and daring executions.

Framed against the backdrop of present-day Mexico's brutal narco-trafficking violence, Night of the Assassin chronicles the making of a monster - a cold-blooded, ruthless killing machine. Raw, disturbing, edgy and unflinching, this epic saga defies convention to create a roller-coaster of intrigue, suspense and thrills that will leave even the most jaded thriller aficionados gasping for breath.

191 pages, with a 4.2-star rating from 591 reviews.





Life after Life: A Selection of Individual Experiences in the Beyond, by Beatrice Brunner. (Still 0.99?)

Save today on this Kindle Countdown Deal!

"This collection of stories gives me insight into some of the spiritual laws that are reflected in a number of earthly saying like: “What goes around, comes around”. This is not just a saying, but rather a spiritual law that guides our restoration with God and determines the conditions of our afterlife and our next life on Earth." -- Amazon reviewer

In this book 12 deceased human beings describe their initial experiences and encounters in the beyond. These personal accounts, transmitted through the Swiss deep trance medium Beatrice Brunner, are impressive testimonies of the continuation of life after death and provide revealing insights into the world that awaits us. Each of these accounts gives us information which goes far beyond what has been ascertained by classical thanatology.

“My name is Mathys ... When I arrived here in the beyond, I was astonished at the reception I was given. My parents, who had returned to the spirit world a long time before, came to greet me and were overjoyed to see me. ‘Now you need never worry again about your daily bread!’ they told me.”

“My name is Peter. I died when I was seventeen. During my short life on earth I never gave any particular thought to the world beyond. When I entered this world where everything was quite new to me, I was met by my grandmother, clearly overjoyed that I had come home.”

“My name is Theresia. … During my life on earth I, too, made many, many mistakes. I was told this immediately I arrived here in the spiritual world. But I was also told the following: ‘Theresia, you have earned yourself considerable merit on account of your many children.’”

“My name is Jakob. … During my life on earth I could not believe in God – I could not find him. I had little sense of responsibility and could see no purpose in life. My lack of belief led me to make many mistakes in my life.”

“My name is Maximilian. … I did not suffer much before my death, and when I opened my eyes in the next world I was astonished to discover that death was not the end of everything.”

“My name is Amalia. … I was ill for a while and I had to be nursed. … When I opened my eyes I found myself in a very different setting: everything was bright, and there was light all around me.”

155 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 7 reviews.





"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!

Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!

(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment