Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Free and bargain Kindle books! (Wednesday Sep 17)

Free today!

The Damascus Chronicles, by Dominic R. Daniels. (Still free?)

"Great book! Remarkable contemporary account of early Crusades by one of Damascus' leading citizens covers events of 1097–1159. Based on both written and oral reports, colorful narrative relates every particular of life during wartime: battles, blockades, and diplomatic negotiations, plus vivid portraits of the personalities on both sides." -- Amazon reviewer

The first book in the series, The Damascus Chronicles takes place in an alternate futuristic dystopian Las Vegas. Michael Damascus, a former government agent turned professional assassin for the Italian Mafia, is trapped between the worlds of organized crime and the supernatural. Betrayed by his family and government, Michael unites with a seven centuries old coven and his mob families' international organization, to defeat a criminal consortium and global secret society of occultists. While preventing the destruction of all creation, he must also protect his orphaned kid-niece who he has taken in (and an ex-love who can't let him go) from his dark gift and double life, with the police commissioner hot on his trail.

289 pages, with a 5.0-star rating from 14 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Six of Hearts, by L.H. Cosway. (Still 0.99?)

"This book was sexy. Man was it hot! Cosway writes sexual tension so that it practically sizzles off the page." -- A. Meredith Walters, New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author

"There is a way that certain authors write that just grips me by the throat because I can see the world, I can smell the sounds, I can hear the voices, and I can feel their hearts." -- Marie Hall, New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author

Step right up and meet Jay Fields: Illusionist. Mentalist. Trickster.

I think in triangles. You think in straight lines.

I show you a table and make you believe it’s a chair.

Smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand, misdirection. I trick and deceive.

But most of all, I put on a good show.

The world thinks I killed a man, but I didn’t. Bear with me. It’s all a part of the plan.

Revenge is what I want. I want it for me and I want it for her.
I want it for all six of us.

She doesn’t remember me, but she’s the reason for everything. She’ll be my prize at the end of all this – if I can hold onto my willpower, that is. Maybe I’ll slip up a little, have a taste, just a small one.

So go ahead and pick a card. Come inside and see the show. Look at my hands, look so closely that you can’t see what’s happening while you’re so focused on looking. I’ll be destroying your world from right here in the spotlight.

You’ll never see me coming until it’s too late.

I’ve only got one heart, and after I’ve pulled off my grand deception I’ll hand it right to her.

So, sit back, relax, and let my girl tell you our story. You’re in for one hell of a ride.

**Suitable for readers 18 years and over. Contains sex scenes and adult language.**

358 pages, with a 4.7-star rating from 105 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Free today!

The Girl in the Box Series, Books 1-3: Alone, Untouched and Soulless, by Robert J. Crane. (Still free?)

"The books sounded vaguely interesting when I saw them on my daily book alert, and they were free, so I grabbed them. I wasn't sure what to expect exactly, but it was one of the best book decisions I've made this year. I place this series squarely and categorically with Jennifer Armentrout's "Covenant" series, and Richelle Mead's "Vampire Academy". It will take over your life until you've read every last word of it." -- Amazon reviewer

This is a collection of the first three titles in The Girl in the Box Series, which are about a teenage girl who develops powers far beyond those of a normal human, and her battles against those who would use her against her will. (Approx. 185,000 words total.)

Books included:
1. Alone
2. Untouched
3. Soulless

Alone

Sienna Nealon was a 17 year-old girl who had been held prisoner in her own house by her mother for twelve years. Then one day her mother vanished, and Sienna woke up to find two strange men in her home. On the run, unsure of who to turn to and discovering she possesses mysterious powers, Sienna finds herself pursued by a shadowy agency known as the Directorate and hunted by a vicious, bloodthirsty psychopath named Wolfe, each of which is determined to capture her for their own purposes...

Untouched

Still haunted by her last encounter with Wolfe and searching for her mother, Sienna Nealon must put aside her personal struggles when a new threat emerges – Aleksandr Gavrikov, a metahuman so powerful, he could destroy entire cities – and he's focused on bringing the Directorate to its knees.

Soulless

After six months of intense training with the Directorate, Sienna Nealon finds herself on her first assignment - tracking a dangerous meta across the upper midwest. With Scott Byerly and Kat Forrest at her side, she'll face new enemies and receive help from unlikely allies as she stumbles across the truth behind the shadowy organization known only as Omega.

Additional books not included in set:

4. Family
5. Omega
6. Broken
7. Enemies
8. Legacy
9. Destiny
10. Power (Coming Late Summer 2014!)

628 pages, with a 4.5-star rating from 853 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Free today!

Where in the OM Am I?, by Sara DiVello. (Still free?)

"This memoir reads like the best of chick lit, but with far deeper self-reflection...A must-read for yogis (or would-be yogis) who enjoy a little snarkiness with their savasana." -- Kirkus Reviews

Sara has invested years dutifully climbing the corporate ladder to become head of PR at a major financial services company, but can’t shake the feeling she’s not where she belongs. When her latest boss, a wine-guzzling, drama-loving diva, finally drives her to the brink, Sara seeks sanctuary in yoga-teacher training…only to encounter an entirely different assortment of craziness and calamity. Where in the OM Am I? is an irreverent, honest, and hilarious memoir chronicling one woman’s journey from the fast-paced, cutthroat corporate world, to the slow-paced, surprisingly catty, and sometimes perilous world of yoga. Along the way, Sara confronts the harsh reality of working in a male-dominated industry, the challenges of being a corporate interloper in the yoga community, and the complexity of interactions between women in both realms. As epic mishaps beget personal revelations, Sara digs deep for the courage to forge a new life for herself.

312 pages, with a 4.8-star rating from 51 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!

Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!

(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment