Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Bargain Kindle books! (Tuesday, August 16)

Lure (The Allure Chronicles Book 1), by Alyssa Rose Ivy. (Still 0.99?)

"I couldn’t read the pages fast enough. I wanted more, more MORE. I think this may be my favorite series of Alyssa Rose Ivy yet. I have enjoyed all of her books, but there is just something about Daisy and Owen. And something about the Allures. I found them completely fascinating. I have so many questions about them! The end of the book nearly broke my heart. I can’t wait to see what is going to happen in the next book. Alyssa Rose Ivy does such a fantastic job with paranormal romances. She is one of my very favorite New Adult authors, and is at the top of my auto buy list." -- Amazon Reviewer

There's danger in the beauty...

Two years, six months, and twenty-five days. That's how long it had been since I'd seen my winged hero— not that I'd been counting. I'd suffered through years of counseling just to convince my friends and family that I wasn't crazy and knew he didn't exist.

But he did. And I was done waiting.

Days after college graduation I headed back down to New Orleans to retrace my steps and find Owen again only to find my life was about to get even crazier... thanks to the most beautiful and dangerous of all paranormal creatures, the Allures.

*New Adult Paranormal Romance*



363 pages, with a 4.2-star rating from 108 reviews.

                     



Fear University, by Meg Collett. (Still 2.99?)

"This is book one in a new series I'll definitely be following. The world was created so well you feel like you're right there with the characters, living Ollie's life alongside her. Great paranormal read with an interesting monster twist! " -- Amazon Reviewer

Best-selling author Meg Collett retells the ancient Filipino legend of the aswang in this sexy, bone-chilling new series.

I’ve always known I was a monster, and I don’t mean some teenage vampire shit either.

My mother abandoned me when I was ten years old because I have a freakish mutant disease that makes me incapable of feeling pain. I bounced from one foster family to another because too many people like to test my medical condition in a game of “Try To Make Ollie Scream.” At sixteen, I killed a man for taking that game too far.

Two years later, I’m still on the run in Kodiak, Alaska. Here, I’m the most dangerous person around, until I come face to face with a creature that should only exist in folklore. The monster is an aswang, and I, with my medical anomaly, am uniquely qualified to hunt the beast that haunts the night. At least, that’s what the two scarred, mostly crazy ’swang hunters tell me when they kidnap me and take me to Fear University, a school where young students learn to hunt and kill aswangs.

I arrive at the university a prisoner, but I stay because I finally find my freedom.

For once in my life, I belong. I’m needed. I make a home for myself inside the university masquerading as an old Alaskan prison. Something close to happiness warms my icy heart when I’m with my scarred, still mostly crazy tutor, Luke Aultstriver. For a murdering runaway like me, Fear University is a haven where I can put my skills to good use hunting monsters in the night.

But when certain truths come to light and even more lies are exposed, I fear that I, Ollie Andrews, am the worst kind of monster of all. And, maybe, they should be hunting me.


This book is recommended for mature readers due to sexual content, violence, and language.



343 pages, with a 4.7-star rating from 90 reviews.

                     



Kilmoon: A County Clare Mystery, by Lisa Alber. (Still 0.99?)

"First, I would call this novel a literary mystery with its lovely detailing and simmering suspense. I really enjoyed the way the narrative unfolded, alternating points of view to give us a more complete picture of what was happening in the mythical town of Lisfenora. Throughout the book you feel there's a sense of some larger truth about Merrit and all of the characters, lurking below the surface. A good mystery, in my opinion, does this well and Ms. Alber nailed it. " -- Amazon Reviewer

In her moody debut, Alber skillfully uses many shades of gray to draw complex characters who discover how cruel love can be. --Kirkus Reviews

Californian Merrit Chase doesn't know what she's in for when she travels to an Irish village famous for its matchmaking festival. She simply wants to meet her father, a celebrated matchmaker, in hopes that she can mend her troubled past. Instead, her arrival triggers a rising tide of violence, and Merrit finds herself both suspect and victim, accomplice and pawn, in a manipulative game that began thirty years previously.

When she discovers that the matchmaker's treacherous past is at the heart of the chaos, she must decide how far she will go to save him from himself and to get what she wants, a family.

Lisa Alber evokes a world in which ancient tradition collides with modern village life and ageless motivators such as greed and love still wield their power. Kilmoon captures the moodiness of the Irish landscape in a brooding mystery that explores family secrets, betrayal, vengeance, and murder.



358 pages, with a 4.5-star rating from 59 reviews.

                     



My Girl, by Jack Jordan. (Still 0.99?)

"I never thought when turning those first pages that the story would turn out to be like this. The story was told so well that I can still feel it, the characters are still alive in my mind and although it had a satisfying ending, I still can't shake this unsettling feeling. I definitely want to read more books by Jack Jordan and I can recommend this novel to readers who are not afraid to go somewhere dark and deep." -- Amazon Reviewer


Paige Dawson: the mother of a murdered child and wife to a dead man.



She has nothing left to live for… until she finds her husband’s handgun hidden in their house.



Why did Ryan need a gun? What did he know about their daughter’s death?



Desperate for the truth, Paige begins to unearth her husband’s secrets.



But she has no idea who she is up against, or that her life isn’t hers to gamble – she belongs to me.



From the bestselling author of Anything for Her, Jack Jordan's My Girl is the new chilling thriller that you won't want to miss.



226 pages, with a 4-star rating from 306 reviews.

                     



"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!

Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!

(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment