Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day: Speak for Me!

Today's Free App of the Day is Speak For Me
Originally $0.99


This is a text-to-speech app where you can type things and have it speak them. It works really well, and you can save phrases to reuse. Very useful if you've lost your voice, for example. You can't select a different voice, as far as I can tell. Note that when I installed it the first time, I got a prompt asking whether I wanted to use Ivona TTS or Kindle Pico. I picked the Kindle voice, and then got an error message that English was not installed, but it worked fine. And, even though I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also installed it on another device, I haven't gotten the prompt again.

31 of 44 reviews are four stars and above.

These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with my Fire HD 8.9" 4G. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page.  Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment