Today's Free App of the Day is Hidden Objects Quest 6: Spooky Decay
A hidden object game with an adventure quest. Not many reviews, and a couple of the five-star reviews may be by the developer, but the presence of five-star reviews by more than one top 500 reviewers reassures me. The graphics, music and game play are cited by the reviewers.
From the landing page, you select your level (only one is available at first) and either Kids Mode or Adventure Mode.
In Kids mode, you, as it says, "Find the hidden objects as fast as you can and HAVE FUN!!!"
In Adventure mode, you are given the choice to play one of three quests. Apparently you earn a star for each quest you play. There is also a bonus quest.
Then, within the first quest, you can pick the way you complete the quest:
• Classic object quest-find all of the pedestal objects in the scene. Using hints or being too slow to find them will cost you valuable points.
• Silhouette Search - Can you find all of the pedestal objects in the scene by only knowing their shape.
• Object words hunt - This traditional quest presents you with the name of the object on a sign post...not the picture of it.
The reference to pedestal objects means that the first objects you search for are on pedestals. As you find objects, they disappear and others take their place. When there are no more additional objects, the pedestal disappears. Some objects were actually behind the pedestals and were only revealed when the pedestal disappeared.
You can (on a 7" tablet, anyway), move the scene a bit side-to-side, but you can't zoom in.
On the second quest, you replay the same scene with different options.
The choices given to complete the quest were:
• De-scrambler search - Can you decipher the well scrambled name of the hidden quest object? This one can be really tough so try to be fast for a higher score.
• Search in the fog--can you find all of the hidden objects through the dense fog that has rolled in?
• Hangman - Decipher the object clue one letter at a time. Select a panel to reveal the letter (when the hint is ready). Fewer letters earns a higher score.
I tried Hangman quest. You get a set of blank tiles that reveal themselves one at time but you can also choose a tile to reveal (uses a hint). You get bonus points for finding the object before all the letters are reviewed, but you can still look for the object after all the letters are revealed.
There are also odd little objects that you can click on, like moths and saber tooth tiger teeth, that you collect along the way.
My only complaint is that there isn't really a help screen that I could find.
This is a well designed game with plenty of wrinkles and difficulty.
Can't wait to try this on my 8.9HDX that's coming next month!
16 of 18 reviews are four stars and above.
These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with my Fire HD 8.9" 4G. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page. Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.
Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos: