Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Free and bargain Kindle books! (Wednesday Oct 2)

Free today!

Child of the Mist (These Highland Hills Book #1), by Kathleen Morgan. (Still free?)

"Romance, faith, history and suspense will keep readers turning the pages of CHILD OF THE MIST, this well-paced first installment of Kathleen Morgan's series "These Highland Hills." a smoothly told historical Scottish romance, complete with clan feuds, interesting characters, historical details, and Christian faith versus superstition. It's a promising start to the series." -- Amazon reviewer

In the harsh Scottish highlands of 1565, superstition and treachery threaten a truce between rival clans. It's a weak truce at first, bound only by an arranged engagement between Anne MacGregor and Niall Campbell-the heirs of the feuding families.

While Niall wrestles with his suspicions about a traitor in his clan, Anne's actions do not go unnoticed. And as accusations of witchcraft abound, the strong and sometimes callous Campbell heir must fight for Anne's safety among disconcerted clan members. Meanwhile his own safety in threatened with the ever-present threat of someone who wants him dead.


Will Niall discover the traitor's identity in time? Can Anne find a way to fit into her new surroundings? Will the two learn to love each other despite the conflict? With a perfect mix of a burgeoning romance and thrilling suspense, this book is historical fiction at its best.

336 pages, with a 4.2-star rating from 436 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Strangers, by Michaelbrent Collings. (Still 0.99?)

"Collings draws us into a world of madness and insanity, of unimaginable malice, of brutality that stains every room, every nook and cranny of the house with blood.... There are twists aplenty, characters whose depths of darkness and isolation astound even themselves, moments of spine-tingling, edge-of-the-chair suspense, sudden appearances and equally sudden disappearances--all designed to make readers wonder who, precisely, are the Strangers. Highly recommended." - Hellnotes

"Every page, every chapter, every turn, there is an onslaught of action and it does not let up.... Collings is so proficient at what he does, he crooks his finger to get you inside his world and before you know it, you are along for the ride. You don't even see it coming; he is that good." - Only Five Star Book Reviews

You wake up in the morning to discover that you have been sealed into your home. The doors are locked, the windows are barred. THERE'S NO WAY OUT.

A madman is playing a deadly game with you and your family. A game with no rules, only consequences. So what do you do? Do you run? Do you hide?

OR DO YOU DIE?
***

Strangers
is an Amazon Horror Bestseller
written by novelist Michaelbrent Collings, whose other bestsellers include THE HAUNTED, DARKBOUND, APPARITION, THE LOON, RISING FEARS, and BILLY: MESSENGER OF POWERS.

372 pages, with a 4.5-star rating from 43 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



Out Of Line, by Jen McLaughlin. (Still 0.99?)

"Jen McLaughlin's debut in the New Adult genre is a gem that I thoroughly enjoyed and that kept me engaged from the opening pages."--USA TODAY

"Who can resist a surfing Marine hero? Not me - go read this book!"--NY Times and USA Today Bestselling author Monica Murphy


**New York Times and USA Today Bestseller**
*OUT OF LINE is only $0.99 for an introductory period. After the introductory time, it will change to $2.99.*

***THIS IS A NEW ADULT BOOK AND IS INTENDED FOR READERS WHO ARE AT LEAST 17 YEARS OLD. ADULT CONTENT/LANGUAGE/SITUATIONS ARE INSIDE.***

Desperate to break free...

I've spent my entire life under my father's thumb, but now I'm finally free to make my own choices. When my roommate dragged me to my first college party, I met Finn Coram and my life turned inside out. He knows how to break the rules and is everything I never knew I wanted. A Marine by day and surfer by night, he pushes me away even as our attraction brings us closer. Now I am finally free to do whatever I want. I know what I want. I choose Finn.

Trying to play by the rules...

I always follow orders. My job, my life, depends on it. I thought this job would be easy, all the rules were made crystal clear, but when I met Carrie Wallington, everything got muddy. She's a rule I know I shouldn't break, but damn if I don't inch closer to the breaking point each time I see her. I'm ready to step out of line. And even worse' I'm living a lie. They say the truth will set you free, but in my case...

The truth will cost me everything.

214 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 157 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



In This Moment, by Autumn Doughton. (Still 0.99?)

"I read and like Autumn Doughton's On the Edge of Glass, but I loved In This Moment. It was a real story that took its time to reveal all the gritty details of death, friendship, love and devotion. Doughton writes "bare bones" love scenes in that she builds the heat and desire in the reader, then tells you when it's over. She also uses alternating POV's so you feel the desire Cole has for Aimee and learn to trust that he doesn't want to hurt her with his bad boy ways. The reader also is inside Aimee's head and see her confusion, guilt and desires." -- Amazon reviewer

Every moment possesses its own kind of magic...

Aimee Spencer learned the hard way that for some moments, there are no take-backs, no rewinds, no do-overs. A year ago her world imploded and Aimee has been running ever since. She doesn't want to feel. She doesn't want to remember. To bury the ghosts that haunt her, she is living a life that has become unrecognizable.

Cole Everly is a golden boy with a cocky smile and an attitude to match. He's grown accustomed to girls throwing themselves at his feet, but when Aimee trips and literally lands in his lap one afternoon, she's not at all what he expects. Difficult, damaged, closed-off. If Cole needed to make a list of qualities to avoid in a girl, Aimee would probably match up with every single one of them. He knows that he should stay away but he's drawn to her in a way that he can't exactly explain.

In this honest and absorbing story, Aimee and Cole struggle to sort out the thin spaces between loss and love. Ultimately, they will need to learn how to navigate through the pieces of the past if they want to hold on to the future and each other.

292 pages, with a 4.6-star rating from 122 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil Mexico



"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!

Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!

(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment