Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bargain Kindle books! (Tues May 14)

Here is today's selection of bargain Kindle books!

Liquid Fear, by Scott Nicholson. (Still 0.99?)

Ten years after a medical experiment goes terribly wrong, 5 survivors are addicted to the pills that stave off a variety of mental issues. When the pills run out, the effects are worse than they could have imagined. Get this spine-tingling thriller for only 99 cents today!

"Focused on a group of people who volunteered for an experimental-drug trial ten years ago, this story will have you flipping the pages to keep up with the fast-paced action all the way until the end. As the memories of the past come back with ever-increasing intensity, the survivors try harder to forget. This story had me looking over my shoulder at times." -- Amazon reviewer

When Roland Doyle wakes up in an unfamiliar motel room with a strange man’s wallet in his pocket and a woman’s dead body in the bathroom, he fears the worst…and that’s before he finds the vial of pills labeled "take one every 4 hrs or else." Or else what? Ten years ago, Dr. Sebastian Briggs’s clinical drug trial for a cutting-edge fear-response drug went horribly wrong — or did it? It’s true that one trial participant died and five others were left with no memory of what happened to them. But now several interested parties, including a major pharmaceutical company and an ambitious U.S. senator, are willing to back Briggs’s continued research. All he has to do is recall his five surviving "volunteers," whose addiction to a mysterious drug has left them largely at his disposal. They will do anything necessary to keep the pills coming and to stave off the creeping phobias, intense sexual impulses, and all-consuming madness that lurk on the edges of their minds. It’s easy enough for the good doctor to lure the survivors back to the remote Monkey House, where the original trials took place. But when the pills finally run out…that’s when the real show begins.

281 pages, with a 3.4-star rating from 216 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil



Promise Me Darkness, by Paige Weaver. (Still 0.99?)

This best selling romance shows that total opposites do attract. Bad boy Ryder, and good girl Maddie have been best friends forever - but when war erupts they discover there might be something more. Get this New York Times Bestseller for only $0.99!

"Absolutely loved it. Well paced, exciting, steamy, romantic - great storyline. I couldn't put my kindle down. Please hurry up with the next book! " -- Amazon reviewer


A New York Times & USA Today Best Seller

"He was my darkness and I was his light. We couldn't exist without each other."

For me, life was simple. I went to school and studied. I spent time with my friends and stayed out of trouble. I didn't drink or swear and I only dated gentlemen. I was the typical good girl with a bright future. My world seemed perfect.

But that was about to change.

Ryder Delaney was the one imperfection in my life. He was the bad boy, the black sheep, the one your mother always warned you about. He had only one hard-and-fast rule - Don't fall in love.

But some rules were meant to be broken.

We were best friends, inseparable since childhood despite our differences. I knew the real man hiding behind the tattoos and bad attitude. He knew all my secrets and dreams. But he didn't know there was one thing I wanted and couldn't have...him.

But sometimes Fate has a way of intervening. Soon our world collapsed. War erupted. Darkness prevailed. Alone and on the run, our only goal was to survive and to ignore the feelings we had for each other. But love is powerful...

and so is the darkness.



314 pages, with a 4.5-star rating from 304 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil



Change of Address (A Spencer Manning Mystery), by Rick Polad. (Still 0.99?)

This PI mystery is well reviewed and described as "entertaining, engaging and exciting". Get it for only 99 cents!

"I loved how it was written! It's like you are standing next to his characters. This book has adventure, history, and mystery!" -- Amazon reviewer


Spencer Manning decides not to follow in his Dad's police footsteps and instead gets a PI license. Tracking down an unknown father involves him in murder and drugs as his first case leads him to a Chicago racetrack and the mayor's house.



304 pages, with a 4.6-star rating from 26 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil



Captivated (An Affliction Novel), by Deb Apodaca. (Still 0.99?)

This YA paranormal romance has wit, adventure and vampires. Loved by fans, this novel is only 99 cents today!

"From funny...to romance...to paranormal, this book has it all! The characters are appealing and easy to love. The story rolls out smoothly throughout the book without complicated details...and without the same old ending. I'm left wanting more and can't wait for the next book to come out." -- Amazon reviewer

**PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE 3RD EDITION COPIES**

EXCERPT:

I let out a huff and forced a smile. “You’re a vampire.” I stated.

Dean tilted his chin up and smiled. “I have no fangs.” he said through his teeth.

I examined the glistening white canines. They were normal, just like mine. “You retract them when you don’t need them.” I said.

Dean moved across the table and put his face up to mine. His mouth was a torturous breath away from my own. “Then why haven’t I sucked your blood Lina?” He whispered right before pressing his soft lips against mine. Then he inched towards my neck and lingered his lips on my pulse. His soft breathing tickled my skin and triggered a chill that shot up my spine. My blood jumped to a rush and began to throb for him. If he were a vampire, I swear I’d let him suck me. “Why aren’t I biting you right now?” He whispered. It took everything I had in me not to melt into the seat and land as a puddle on the ground.

DESCRIPTION:

After Mindy's childhood best friend, Dean Aiken, shuts her and everyone else out of his life, she learns to move on. Years pass and she gets used to the fact that he's no longer a part of her life, but things begin to change…

Mindy's new best friend, Markus Medina, witnesses Dean kill two people behind a club. Mindy has a hard time believing him, especially when he mentions that the bodies disappear. Poof! Into thin air. Markus decides he has to follow Dean around in order to get evidence that he's been killing people, so he doesn't sound like a nut to the police.

Despite Marcus’ crazy theories about the possibility of Dean not being human. And not to mention the fact that he's dangerous. Mindy can't help that she may be falling in love with him. Even after hiding their feelings for each other from the world. Dean and Mindy being together stirs up dangers that neither of them could ever imagine. When she finds out about what Dean really is and the world he tried to keep her away from...it's already too late.

BOOK CLUB REVIEWS:

"This book was well to sum it up in one word, perfect. When I first heard about Captivated, I thought "hey, this sounds good" but now that I have finished Captivated I'm like "omg omg omg, BEST THING EVER YOU MUST READ THIS"
-Haley- YA-Aholic

"I can whole heartily say that I absolutely, 100%, fell in love with this book, the characters and their world! This will be a series that will grab a hold of you and won't let go until you've reached the end & are trying to sell your first born to get a copy of the next book!"
-Jessica Hansen- Taking it One Book at a Time

"Captivated is a story full of suspense, romance and action that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It pulls you in and you won’t be able to tear your eyes away from the page. With twists and turns that you won’t see coming, a backstory that will pull on your heart strings and characters that you will get emotionally attatched to, Captivated is a must read."
-Alishia Roza Ruly- Treasured Tales for Young Adults

"Idea behind the story line was unique, different, and the ending was definitely unpredictable."
-Katrina Whittaker- Page Flippers

375 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 167 reviews.

USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil



"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!

Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!

(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment