Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Cut & Run," by Traci Hohenstein

Investigator Rachel Scott helps a Louisiana man track down his missing family, but his memory loss starts to reveal disturbing details.

Cut & Run (A Rachel Scott Adventure), by Traci Hohenstein

"The O'Malley case is very interesting and kept me anxiously anticipating what would happen next. I couldn't read fast enough to find out the truth behind the disappearance of Matt's wife and children. As more and more secrets are revealed, the case becomes even more puzzling. Fans of Harlan Coben or Linwood Barclay will appreciate the book's fast pace. The premise of a missing person's case as the main plot of each book makes for an exciting and suspenseful story. Some of the dialogue is a bit stilted and unnatural which brought my rating of the book down to 4 stars. The O'Malley case is wrapped up by the end of the book, but Mallory's disappearance is still unresolved. The book ends with a cliff-hanger and a dramatic event in the last chapter has me hooked and eagerly waiting for the next installment to find out what happens next." -- Amazon reviewer

When Matt O’Malley turns up at a truck stop with a nasty concussion and no recollection of what happened to him or his family, investigator Rachel Scott knows she and the Florida Omni Search team have to act fast. Whoever attacked him still has his wife and children, and a gruesome piece of evidence points to deadly possibilities.

While Matt sweats under the scrutiny of the FBI, his shattered memory slowly pieces together disturbing details. Afraid to trust even his brother with this new information, he turns to Rachel, who scours southern Louisiana for clues. Along with retired police detective Red Cooper, Rachel searches everywhere from a voodoo parlor to an eerie Houma swamp, unearthing troubling secrets about the O’Malleys…and a shocking truth behind the disappearance of Rachel’s own daughter.

Traci Hohenstein picks up her suspenseful Rachel Scott series with its third entry, Cut and Run—a gripping thriller that captures the haunting spirit and intoxicating mystery of New Orleans.



Get this KB Spotlight book!

Worldwide links: USA United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Japan Italy Brazil



Online Sample


Get this KB Spotlight book!


Meet the Author

A little about me... I live in NW Florida with my husband, who is a firefighter, and my three kids. We live near the beach, where I love to hang out every chance I get. I am a full-time writer, but in my spare time I love to paddleboard (YOLO!).

I'm the author of the bestselling Rachel Scott series: Asylum Harbor, Burn Out, and Look For Me (series prequel). The third book in the series, Cut & Run, will be available April 2nd 2013. Cut & Run is set in New Orleans and features a missing family, voodoo, eerie swamps, and betrayal.

The Hollywood Hills series is a group of romantic comedy novellas that I wrote featuring Special Delivery, Split Decision, and the newest release, Sinfully Delicious. Something Delightful (Venus Vanderbilt's story) will be out Summer 2013!

I love to hear from my readers and answer each email. You can send me a private email at tracihohenstein@gmail.com or find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tracisatterfield. Facebook is where I post news, pictures, excerpts, appearances and more. Thanks for reading! Traci

More from this Author



No comments:

Post a Comment